Monday, September 3, 2012

A Friday in November...

No I haven't gotten my dates mixed up...I have finally decided that it's about time I read Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.

Yes, I know that is seems almost unforgivable for some who works in a library to have overlooked this series for so long, but it couldn't be helped.

I refuse to be bullied into a series just because everyone else is "into" it.  But also, unless I buy the books, the request lists are so long that it seemed prudent to wait for an opportunity to sit down and start it with a clear mindset.  Most of the excitement has worn down to a dull roar and I can form my own opinion without the thoughts of others reverberating in my brain.

Still, how sad is it that a promising author doesn't live to reap the sense of accomplishment that this series has certainly garnered?  At least he didn't live to see his family fighting his lover over the millions that these book and movie deals have made, and will continue to make.

If nothing else this should tell us to take care of the details while we can, because they certainly will be taken care of, though not always in the way we might have wished for.

R.I.P.

Stieg Larsson
1954 - 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment